Kitabi Eco – Centre is located just 2 km from the Eastern entrance to Nyungwe National Forest. It sits atop Mount Kitabi, and offers one of the most spectacular, panoramic views in all of Rwanda: neat, terraced farms perched on endless hills; light green tea plantations that frequent this region; the dark green trees of Nyungwe Forest; and a seemingly endless sky. Neither words nor pictures can do it justice; you have to be here to experience it! Click here to see a video of what we do.
Kitabi Eco Centre combines camping, a restaurant, gardens, and Eco-tourism activities with an ecologically-friendly mind-set. There is even a replica of the King’s Palace here that you can explore, and if you want, to stay overnight.
Come enjoy a truly amazing experience. Live like a King or Queen for a night (or more) in our King’s palace replica. Your experience will include a personalized tour on the history of the King’s Palace and other local traditions from our local guides; your own fire at night inside the palace; and breakfast the next morning in the comfort of the palace grounds.
- $50 per night per person, $75 per couple, $100 per family of 4
- “Couple” defined as two persons of different or same sex, “Family” defined as any group of 4 people.
- $15 per person per night (with your own tent and gear)
- $25 per couple 1 per night (with your own tent and gear)
- $50 for a family of 4 (with your own tent and gear)
- Larger groups discounts are available, please discuss with manager
Camping gear 2
- $5 per person per night (KEC tent, pillow, sleeping bag, and sleeping pad)
- $10 for a family 3 of 4 (KEC tent, sleeping bag, and sleeping pad)
- Larger group discounts are available, please discuss with manager
- “Couple” defined as two persons of different or same sex
We have amazing food, great Rwandan coffee and tea, and Eco Tours that offer hikes just outside Nyungwe National Park that focus on conservation and environmental management.